We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our mobile applications or other services; and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Username and password
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Demographic information
- Payment information (such as a credit card)
- Future communication preferences
- Information about your device browser and operating system
- IP address
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- Emails you open
The following are examples of the types of information we may automatically collect through our website and/or applications:
- Advertising ID or similar identifier
- Information about your device’s operating system
- Information about the way you use the application/website
You can visit our Web Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. However, our web server may collect the IP address and domain you used to access our Web Site, the type and version of web browser and operating system you are using, the number, duration and frequency of visits to our Web Site and the web site you came from and visited next. This anonymous information cannot be traced to a specific individual user – it is used by us simply for the purposes of analytics – for example, to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, most popular preferences and other statistics about visitors to the Web Site and to determine the characteristics in which users use our Web Site and services. We may use this data to monitor Web Site performance for systems administration purposes, to make our Web Site easier and more convenient to use, to improve our services and to track information in aggregate form (e.g. how many visitors use the Web Site). This helps us better understand our Web Site traffic, visitor behavior and the impact of campaigns, content and email-driven traffic. By having access to such deeper data insights, we are able to measure, re-evaluate content offerings, map customer buying journeys and provide you with a more personalized visitor site experience, enabling demographic and interest reporting. When you fill out the contact us form we use that information to respond back to your questions and provide information about our various products and services.
We make use of Google Analytics. A description of how Google Analytics collects and processes data is set out in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us improve our communications with you and to develop world-class products and services. The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Loonie Times Inc.
Co-promotions with Carefully Selected Business Partners
Loonie Times Inc. may collect personal and other information for a co-promotion or joint program with a business partner and share your information with that business partner. For these
Third-party service providers
We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may need to share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform the services we request, and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Service providers example include, but not limited to companies engaged in
transportationof goods like FedEx, Postal services, Suppliers, etc.
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services
- Perform other services that we request.
Other situations: We may disclose your personal information:
- As part of the sale of a Loonie Times Inc. brand to another company.
- Any Loonie Times Inc. holding company or sister company
- To protect and defend the rights and property of Loonie Times Inc. (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
- When required by law and/or government authorities.
Personal Information Retention Period
Aggregated and non-personal information
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for Loonie Times Inc. business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Loonie Times Inc. sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes